Starting from 260 EUR per person

A short break to discover Lake Maggiore

Tour features
Among the beauties of Piedmont region its lakes certainly occupy a prominent place, precious mirrors of water set between mountains and valleys. Among these Lake Maggiore, one of the most important Italian lakes. Lake Maggiore is the second largest lake in Italy by surface (only Lake Garda is larger). Located at a height of about 193 meters above sea level, Lake Maggiore has an area of ​​212 km² most of which, about 80%, is located in Italian territory between Piedmont and Lombardy. The remaining 20% ​​of the area is on Swiss territory. On its banks there are real artistic and landscape treasures that absolutely deserve to be seen: islands, villas, gardens, palaces, attractions and much more.
What to expect from this tour
Included In the tour price you will also find
  • Entrance with guided tour of Isola Bella
  • Entrance with guided tour of Isola Madre
  • Transfers by motorboat for non-exclusive use from Stresa to Isola Madre
  • Lunch at the La Piratera restaurant
  • Overnight 4 * Hotel with breakfast in Stresa
Not included The price of this tour does not include:
  • Anything not expressly mentioned under heading "Included"
  1. DAY 1 - STRESA

    Arrival in STRESA and free time for a walk. Stresa, queen of Lake Maggiore, is located in a magnificent panoramic position, under the Mottarone mountain. The villas, parks, gardens, the flowery lakefront, the ever-changing spectacle of the Borromean islands, crowned by snow-capped mountains, make Stresa one of the most important lakeside resorts. Strolling along the romantic lakefront admiring the panorama of the Borromean Islands and the mountains is a truly extraordinary experience in every season.
    Hotel accommodation and overnight stay.


    After breakfast departure to discover the BORROMEAN ISLANDS. Visiting these wonderful places of Lake Maggiore is today a gift that everyone can afford. Living the exclusive experiences designed on the needs of each customer is a luxury for true connoisseurs.
    Starting from Piazza Marconi you will reach ISOLA MADRE by motorboat. Described as the most voluptuous place seen on earth by Flaubert, Isola Madre is the largest and most exotic of Lake Maggiore. Rare botanical species from all over the world, animals with colorful plumage and lush vegetation make this island the perfect destination for lovers of nature and hidden beauty. Guided tour of the Botanical Garden and Palazzo Borromeo (duration about 1 hour).
    Lunch at La Piratera restaurant (drinks not included).
    In the early afternoon, by motorboat, you will reach ISOLA BELLA. A vessel on the water: this is how Isola Bella appears seen from above, a rock that since 1650 has become a place of delights on Lake Maggiore. Palace and garden represent the quintessence of the Italian Baroque. The art collections and the richness of the interiors of the princely residence are reflected outside in the preciousness of the Baroque garden, where the Teatro Massimo and the ten flowered terraces triumph. Guided tour of the Borromeo Palace and free visit of the gardens and some time for shopping while walking in the Vicolo del Fornello.
    In the late afternoon, return by motorboat to Stresa (Piazza Marconi).